Friday 27 June 2014

Lost Wax Casting Results

citrine briolettes and sterling silver poppy heads


Just wanted to share two of the final pieces that I made as a result of the casting in the previous post.


I love the cute little earrings and I am very pleased with how the necklace turned out. I had a piece of braided wire too short to make a ring out of and thought; why not make it a bar for the necklace? So it has been soldered in every joint and the little loose ends folded over to form hoops for the chain.



There is 10 grams of silver in that pendant without the chain, so unless I want to sell it as "white metal" I need to get it hallmarked. 
I have been dithering about that for a while, but I think it might be time to get my own mark. I now have 3 necklaces that exceed the 7.78 grams which is the limit here in the UK for non hallmarked silver.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin