Thursday 12 April 2012

Inspiration from Nature

Excuse me. That's my lunch you're eating.

I love taking photographs. This one I was lucky to get from my window if you can believe it. I set up my camera on a tripod hoping to catch the woodpecker I had seen visit nearly everyday. She is normally so skittish that once she's there it's no good trying to fetch the camera. 50 clicks later and I had this. If only the squirrel had been completely in the shot :o)

Quite often there is inspiration there for jewellery too, you just have to look:


Check out the string of pearls attached to this chestnut, and the spiky texture, next to soft inner fur, next to the ultra shine of the nut itself. Mot to mentin the colours of course. These are my favourite colours to work with.


Acorns. Symbols of life, shinyness against rough texture. Beautiful bronze and perfect size for a pendant.
My next electroform batch will include these liitle beauties. I have a stash of acorns waiting their turn, so stay tuned to see how they turn out.
In the mean time, you could also have a look at my delvings so far - star anise, flyers, pine cones and poppy pods.
http://folksy.com/shops/Nanfan?shop_section=preserved_nature