Saturday 16 April 2011

Nell's Dragon

My book is out. Finally. I wrote Nell's Dragon back in 2007, and have been trying to get it published for a long time. The old system of publishing is really hard to break into I found. The publishers rarely read your manuscript if you don't have an agent, and the agents prefer to take on authors who are already published. Needless to say it must work for a lot of people, but I got a bit disheartened by the amount of doors slammed in my face.

So I was delighted to learn that Amazon has opened up their Kindle market for authors who want to publish their own work. I think this might be the new way to go. Quite a few people have e-readers already and the number is growing rapidly. An author can publish directly to their audience and charge so much less for it while still making a living.

So here it is. My first fiction book.
It is a fantasy about a troubled boy who finds new friends and different worlds. There are dragons and lots of new sights to see. I really enjoyed writing it and I hope very much that people will like it.

Here is the link for the book on UK Amazon. For the American version use the link in the sidebar.