Sunday 11 August 2013

On the Other Side

back of a silver pendant

This weekend has been full of fun at the Folksy Summer School. I had a blast, said hello to lots of crafters and picked up a few tips along the way.

 As they always do nearly every speaker said: Remember to take good photographs. I agree it is so important when you sell online. The customer needs to know exactly what they get and you need to supply the feel of the piece since they cannot touch it before they buy. This is a tricky thing to do, so I went back home to practise some more.

One thing I have noticed both in myself and others is that we like to turn a piece over in the hand, but quite a few sellers neglect to show pictures of the back of the pieces. Are you one of those who turn the item over even though you know that side will never be seen by anyone but the wearer?


I'd like to make the back just as interesting although I haven't done that much in the past.Especially since I like when people play with their jewellery, warm it in their hands or absent-mindedly turn a ring while they think. Another thing to improve upon :o)