Sunday 10 June 2012

Moulds & Stamps


This Sunday I have been playing with stamp carving and mould making. Working with metal clay you really don't have much time, so moulds is a great way to get a piece done while the clay is still workable.
While there's many gorgeous moulds out there to buy, they can not only be quite expensive, but they also steal some of my creativity away.
Making my own keeps my work personal and it's great fun. I've got pink shavings all over the floor :oD
I bought some very expensive silicone mould putty, but actually polymer clay works great as well.
Above moulds are made from Super Sculpey which is lovely to work with and only required 15 minutes in the oven.

Oh, and I had time to make my very first silver piece, complete with cubic zirconia. Really happy with the result.