Thursday 30 May 2013

Back in the Studio

mermaid silver charm earrings

Phew. I’ve had a nice break. My sister is back to health, the convention is well over and things have settled down slightly except of course my work project which is now going full steam ahead. We’re trying really hard to finish it for an autumn release. It’s looking great and I am really pleased with it so far.
This weekend I had time to play with some silver and try out a few things that have been playing on my mind. It’s great to get back in the swing and see new things come to life. I have signed up for a course in metal clay, mainly to be forced to try out some new things and to see how other jewellers view my work. This can sometimes be scary, but they have been very supportive so far.
The earrings above are now in the shops. I’m happy with the design and toying with the idea of making more in a similar configuration; Silver sculpted stud adorned with a drop stone. I like the way it feels more secure because it is a stud, but still dangles as if it was on a French wire.

hollow core bead. New technique for me