Friday 29 June 2012

Studio Space


So, the cats purring, the studio is flooded with light and the playlist has gotten to Rachmaninoff - I set it to classical when I need to write something.
This Friday is free for me to do whatever I want, and what comes to mind? Tidying.
It's an ever ongoing struggle for balance - and judging from the crafter blogs I read I'm not alone. 
I am fortunate enough to have a complete room dedicated to my making. Gone are the days when I had to tidy everything away if I wanted to be able to eat at my dinner table.


Being able to leave my project out so that it welcomes me in the morning is one of the best things about a dedicated studio space. It inspires me and lets me get straight back into the flow.
But I do rather overdue it. Not one project but five are out and suddenly everything is three layers deep.


Maybe I should get myself a barn. Would that be enough space? :o)


At least the cat doesn't seem to mind. I think she has forgiven me for last week's visit to the vet.